Old May 23rd 15, 08:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default New 'London Connections' map with added LO and new family member,

On 2015\05\23 15:39, Mizter T wrote:

On 22/05/2015 19:37, Peter Smyth wrote:

Basil Jet wrote:

I just looked at the timetable for the Cheshunt/Chingford lines,

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms...e-may-2015.pdf

and during the repeating sections (all day Saturday and Sunday and
bits on weekdays), there are 8 tph between Liverpool Street and
Hackney Downs, with alternating 1 minute and 14 minute gaps in either
direction at Hackney Downs!

The problem is if you spread out the slow trains more evenly, they will
get in the way of the fast trains to Stansted/Cambridge. Short of
building extra tracks between Liverpool Street and Bethnal Green, I
don't think there is any easy answer to this problem.

Agreed.

I don't agree. The fast trains have their own tracks from Hackney Downs
to Bethnal Green. From BG to Liverpool Street they can either use the
fast Shenfield tracks or interleave with the slow Hackneys, but either
way I don't see there being no room for a slow Hackney every 7.5
minutes. Neither the fast line to Shenfield nor Hackney is that heavily
used, is it?