Old June 15th 15, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth[_2_] Peter Smyth[_2_] is offline

Default Mayor's Boris Island plan killed off TfL takeover of SoutheasternMetro services

Paul Corfield wrote:

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 15:19:49 +0100, Mizter T
wrote:

There is also
a risk for Tessa in that she has previously supported expansion at
Heathrow. That can be played back against her. There are also
problems for some of the candidates over their approach to road
crossings over the Thames in SE London. There's vocal opposition
there to what the Labour run Greenwich Council want. That could drain
votes away and cause issues with second preference votes from Green
Party supporters.

Didn't stop Boris winning though did it? Also Labour couldn't oust
the Tories in several outer London seats like Hendon, Golders Green
etc. They also dealt a catastropic blow to the Lib Dems in SW London.
We know Zac's stance on Heathrow and that's likely to play very well
in several boroughs out west. Failure to win in outer London will
kill Labour's chances.

While there are certainly many vociferous opponents of Heathrow
expansion in West London, opinion polls have shown the majority support
it so I don't think being anti-Heathrow is the advantage you seem to
think it will be.

Peter Smyth