Old June 24th 15, 06:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Two dead at Ealing Broadway

Offramp wrote:
On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 04:59:59 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
Grebbsy McLaren wrote:
Tragic news, especially since one was a child.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-06-23/a...d-after-being-
hit-by-train/

I understand it's the station with the most suicides in the country, ...

Of course it might not be a suicide; but two people both accidentally
falling onto the tracks at the same time seems a bit unlikely. Someone
else said that Southall was the most suicidal station. But I have always
linked Ealing Broadway and Southall together in my unconscious. They seem
like one station that has been split up by some ancient tectonic action.

Two falling on to the main (fast) tracks certainly sound like suicide --
few trains stop there, so why were they even on that platform? Maybe it's
easier to get on a main line platform at Ealing than Southall?

I was told by a retired FGW guy that Ealing Bdwy was the top suicide spot
on NR. The peak time was something like Tuesday afternoon, which this was.

In any case I thought Balham was the busiest suicide station on LU (I
realise "Recliner" was not referring to LU). It has had a Samaritans
phone installed at the north end of the southbound platform.