Old June 24th 15, 12:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Two dead at Ealing Broadway

Tragic news, especially since one was a child.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-06-23/a...d-after-being-
hit-by-train/

G.
--
Grebbsy McLaren

Old June 24th 15, 03:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Grebbsy McLaren wrote:
Tragic news, especially since one was a child.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-06-23/a...d-after-being-
hit-by-train/

I understand it's the station with the most suicides in the country, and
usually like this one, in the afternoons. This happened with a HEx train on
the down main, which is a platform with very few stopping trains, so I
wonder why people are allowed on to it unless one is due. What's the
betting that the unfortunate victims were local Asian residents, like so
many in that area?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/heathrow-ex...delays-1507629
Old June 24th 15, 05:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Caution, the ibtimes link may destroy your device.
Old June 24th 15, 09:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-06-23/a...-being-hit-by-
train/

I understand it's the station with the most suicides in the country, and
usually like this one, in the afternoons. This happened with a HEx train
on the down main, which is a platform with very few stopping trains, so I
wonder why people are allowed on to it unless one is due.

A lot of fast line platforms are fenced off now so access is controlled. Why
isn't this one?

Actually I thought the top site for suicides was nearby Southall.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old June 24th 15, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 04:47:30 -0500
wrote:
In article

rg,
(Recliner) wrote:

Grebbsy McLaren wrote:
Tragic news, especially since one was a child.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-06-23/a...-being-hit-by-
train/

I understand it's the station with the most suicides in the country, and
usually like this one, in the afternoons. This happened with a HEx train
on the down main, which is a platform with very few stopping trains, so I
wonder why people are allowed on to it unless one is due.

A lot of fast line platforms are fenced off now so access is controlled. Why
isn't this one?

Actually I thought the top site for suicides was nearby Southall.

Understandable to anyone who's visited the place.

--
Spud

Old June 24th 15, 01:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:48:21 on Wed, 24 Jun
2015, y remarked:

Actually I thought the top site for suicides was nearby Southall.

Understandable to anyone who's visited the place.

Due to cultural issues, although I fear few really understand them, not
even you.
Old June 24th 15, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24/06/2015 14:00, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 09:48:21 on Wed, 24 Jun
2015, y remarked:

Actually I thought the top site for suicides was nearby Southall.

Understandable to anyone who's visited the place.

Due to cultural issues, although I fear few really understand them, not
even you.

Spud/Boltar doesn't do attempting to understand such things.
Old June 24th 15, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

When/if I give a **** I'll be sure to let you know.

--
Spud

Old June 24th 15, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 04:59:59 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
Grebbsy McLaren wrote:
Tragic news, especially since one was a child.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-06-23/a...d-after-being-
hit-by-train/

I understand it's the station with the most suicides in the country, ...

Of course it might not be a suicide; but two people both accidentally falling onto the tracks at the same time seems a bit unlikely. Someone else said that Southall was the most suicidal station. But I have always linked Ealing Broadway and Southall together in my unconscious. They seem like one station that has been split up by some ancient tectonic action.

In any case I thought Balham was the busiest suicide station on LU (I realise "Recliner" was not referring to LU). It has had a Samaritans phone installed at the north end of the southbound platform.
Old June 24th 15, 06:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Grebbsy McLaren wrote:
Tragic news, especially since one was a child.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-06-23/a...d-after-being-
hit-by-train/

I understand it's the station with the most suicides in the country, ...

Of course it might not be a suicide; but two people both accidentally
falling onto the tracks at the same time seems a bit unlikely. Someone
else said that Southall was the most suicidal station. But I have always
linked Ealing Broadway and Southall together in my unconscious. They seem
like one station that has been split up by some ancient tectonic action.

Two falling on to the main (fast) tracks certainly sound like suicide --
few trains stop there, so why were they even on that platform? Maybe it's
easier to get on a main line platform at Ealing than Southall?

I was told by a retired FGW guy that Ealing Bdwy was the top suicide spot
on NR. The peak time was something like Tuesday afternoon, which this was.