Old June 29th 15, 09:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Heathrow Terminal 1 closes today

And the last flight to Hanover (BA0970) has already left!

After being "Heathrow Central", then "Heathrow Central Terminals 1,2,3",
then "Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3", then "Heathrow Terminals 1&3", then
again "Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3", the Underground station will now
become "Heathrow Terminals 2&3"... confused? Well I stopped listening
ages ago!

I always liked the romantic nickname of the "Irish Mile" at T1, where
the distant gates for Aer Lingus flights lurked - never flown from
Heathrow to Ireland or v.v. though.

Some photos:

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/heathrow-terminal-1-nostalgic-pictures-9537136

Plans for expanding Terminal 2 across the site of T1 are on the back
burner for the moment. I wonder how long the terminal building will
stand for?