Old June 29th 15, 10:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Heathrow Terminal 1 closes today

Mizter T wrote:
On 29/06/2015 22:35, Recliner wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
[...]

Plans for expanding Terminal 2 across the site of T1 are on the back
burner for the moment. I wonder how long the terminal building will stand for?

I think T2 will take over the newest of the T1 piers immediately, as they
already shared it. But will a new T2 pier be built on the site of the other
T1 piers? I think the T2 building can handle more flights than it
currently does.

I thought "the newest of the T1 piers" were actually piers intended for
T2, which were only ever temporarily connected to T1. But I'm no expert on the matter.

Could be, though it predated T2 by quite a few years, and had moving
walkway connections.