Old May 1st 04, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Haines John Haines is offline

Default DLR or Jubilee line extension to Stratford International - two questions

In article , Bob
Robinson wrote:
(TheOneKEA) wrote in message
. com...

Besides, if the planners could have gone further than Stratford
they probably would have, but the station, combined with the
working site for Stratford Intl., PLUS the already heavy
development of the area would have probably made it horrendously
more expensive than it turned out to be.

I agree this point should have been considered before construction
began. I am not sure about the heavy development point as the DLR
website suggests that development option three which encompasses
extention from Stratford International to Temple Mills suggests that
largely undeveloped railway lands are involved.ISOTCOTP.

When my involvement with the Stratford Concourse started there was no
mention of any provision for further extension. We were asked to
consider pedestrian links to the CTRL station but there was no mention
whatever of any extension of the JLE.

The opportunities for going under the high level tracks are very
limited. There are structures in the embankment which are the remains
of old bridges. The new subway had to be put in at lower level because
of the headroom issues.

John Haines