Old July 30th 15, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default Vehicle and driveway width

Piatkow wrote:
The answer to the first half is readily available on the web. 2.55
metres excluding mirrors or 2.6 metres for a refrigerated vehicle.

Quite.

The second half will need an experienced lorry driver or instructor
to answer. With a car there is always a risk the wheel being turned
slightly when the driver turns to look over his shoulder.

Well a retired HGV driver tells me it all depends. Eg is it a summer's
day or dark and ****ing down? With or without a *trusted* guide? Rigid
or artic and 40' trailer? And what's the cost of failure? Eg is it
between trees or fences or the wall(s) of Grade I listed mansions? And
don't forget you need an area to get straight before entering your
choke.

If you are looking to get someone to deliver/collect, ask the firm in
question. And possibly check their insurance.

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid