Old August 3rd 15, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spuddy@your.buddy is offline

Default This month's Oyster refund

On Mon, 03 Aug 2015 13:21:14 +0100
David Cantrell wrote:
On Sat, Aug 01, 2015 at 04:22:00PM +0100, Clive Page wrote:
On 30/07/2015 18:19, Mizter T wrote:
On 30/07/2015 14:25, David Cantrell wrote:
Every month I go over my journey history to find all the times when
Oyster has overcharged me. This is usually because of touches not being
recorded despite gates opening, or not being recorded when a gate is
already open, and results in an unresolved journey.
In the month to the 17th of July they overcharged me by ?12.40.
This *never* happens to me. Really. I don't know what you're doing
wrong. (I can take some guesses I suppose.)

Please do! As far as I know the only thing I'm doing that is unusual is
that I bother to check my journey history and claim refunds.

You sure you're not getting a card clash? Perhaps you're mistaking an error
beep for a normal beep?

I find that one can avoid it by never going into a gate when it is open.
Wait a second or so after the last person goes through ...

But wasn't Oyster sold to us as being faster than paper tickets? Your

What something is sold as and what the real reasons for it are, are generally
not always the same.

--
Spud