Old August 11th 15, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default This month's Oyster refund

On Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 02:53:51PM +0000, y wrote:
On Mon, 03 Aug 2015 13:21:14 +0100
David Cantrell wrote:
On Sat, Aug 01, 2015 at 04:22:00PM +0100, Clive Page wrote:
On 30/07/2015 18:19, Mizter T wrote:
On 30/07/2015 14:25, David Cantrell wrote:
Every month I go over my journey history to find all the times when
Oyster has overcharged me. This is usually because of touches not being
recorded despite gates opening, or not being recorded when a gate is
already open, and results in an unresolved journey.
In the month to the 17th of July they overcharged me by ?12.40.
This *never* happens to me. Really. I don't know what you're doing
wrong. (I can take some guesses I suppose.)

Please do! As far as I know the only thing I'm doing that is unusual is
that I bother to check my journey history and claim refunds.

You sure you're not getting a card clash?

Absolutely 100% positive. I'd have noticed spurious charges on any of my
other cards, and I keep the Oyster card physically seperate from them
for exactly that reason.

Perhaps you're mistaking an error beep for a normal beep?

Dunno. In busy environments with lots of beeping machines,
announcements, people talking, phones ringing and so on - places like
station gate-lines, for example - it's kinda hard to tell whether there
was an error beep, let alone whether it was the specific gate that I'm
using.

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

The test of the goodness of a thing is its fitness for use. If it
fails on this first test, no amount of ornamentation or finish will
make it any better, it will only make it more expensive and foolish.
-- Frank Pick, lecture to the Design and Industries Assoc, 1916