Old October 1st 15, 06:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Goblin electrification

Robin9 wrote:
'Basil Jet[_4_ Wrote:
;150369'].... the timescale was rumoured to be slipping, according to
Modern
Railways, but the contract has now been let.

http://tinyurl.com/ns5psws

I had no idea that Barking platform one was not electrified! Won't it
become disused when the Barking Reach extension is built?

I'm very pleased they have brought the costs down. As a resident of
Leyton I often find this service useful.

I didn't see any reference to platforms being lengthened. I assume
that will have to wait until patronage has increased. (If they
re-opened
the route through to St. Pancras, patronage would increase very
rapidly!)

Are the platforms already long enough for four-car trains?