Old May 3rd 04, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive R Robertson Clive R Robertson is offline

Default TfL cycling (on-yer-bike posters) spot-the-problem quiz

On Sat, 1 May 2004 20:27:01 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

Or Torrington Place: there's a bidirectional, partially segregated, cycle
lane on the eastbound side. As a cyclist, i wish it wasn't there, as it's
a pain to get on to, and just makes it hard to turn north from the
westbound main lane!

tom

Yes, if I had been designing this facility, I would have put it on the
other side of the road. Having said that, you should be able to get
into the reservoir area if the traffic is stopped, or cross TCR later
if it is moving. Of course, you aren't *required* to use this cycle
lane!

Straying a bit, the eastern end of this route (the Seven Stations
Link) comes to an abrupt end at Woburn Place, with offside traffic
lights but separated cycle lanes. Does anyone know why it has not been
completed?

Regards,

Clive

--
Clive R Robertson -- AS/400 Programmer.

Webmaster of http://www.osterleypark.org.uk/ -- this describes
a beautiful National Trust property in West London.