Old November 19th 15, 08:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default East London Line poorly patronised now

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 21:29:03 +0000
On 2015-11-18 18:48:13 +0000, e27002 aurora said:

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 09:36:14 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

I took the ELL from Highbury this morning for the first time in about 6

months.
Even after the obligatory 7 minute wait for the train to leave it was still
only a 3rd full in the middle of the morning rush hour. Compared to last

time
I used it this is virtually empty. I can only assume the poor service
frequency and slow journey times (25 mins to do the 4 miles to canada water
this morning) have put people off as they did me. What a waste of an asset.

This is sad to hear. The Overground has such great potential. But,
the speed on its routes are excruciatingly slow. Surely all that
investment should allow for a more sprightly system.

They can seem slow especially between stations close together but they
are main line not underground trains.

Even so, there's still no excuse for the **** poor service speeds. I've been
in a 378 when the driver was obviously running late and they can get up and
go when they need to. The trains arn't at fault - the drivers are. Also quite
why the drivers feel they need to creep into every station at 10mph beats me
quite frankly. The ELL needs ATO and fast.

--
Spud