Old November 30th 15, 02:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Eric[_3_] Eric[_3_] is offline

Default No more walking up escalators at Holborn

On 2015-11-30, David Cantrell wrote:
On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 01:00:51PM +0100, Eric wrote:

I wouldn't object, I believe the capacity argument

I believe it too, but I also recognise that capacity and throughput are
different things, and it's throughput that matters the most.

Actually, I am talking about throughput, but someone else used "capacity"
first and I didn't think to change it, because use of the words is
generally sloppy enough that it doesn't matter.

Capacity (in your sense) not much use for escalators, or roads.

My brain has finally dredged up a memory that roads have a saturation
flow rate, and that there is a mathematical model for it, which I don't
remember much about (too long ago and too far away), but the same idea
should be applicable to escalators.

Eric
--
ms fnd in a lbry