Old May 6th 04, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Totteridge & Whetstone / Oakleigh Park BR

"zac" wrote in message

My girlfriend is moving to Whetstone. I have only
ever been there once, pretty sure I used Tott &
Whet. LU station. It was right out in the country.

Any info regarding the links into London (Tottenham
Court Road Probably) and also gen. opinion
of the area would be good.

Every single part of Totteridge, Whetstone and Oakleigh Park is as near to
perfectly safe as you will ever find at any time of day or night. All of the
pubs are safe. The only cinema is Barnet Odeon at the junction of Greta
North Road and Station Road. The only theatre was the Bull Arts Centre in
Barnet High Street, but that is closing and moving to North Finchley (approx
at the north end of Ballards Lane). The Waitrose supermarket is okay. The
only real problem in the area is the large amount of traffic on the main
roads and on St Margarets Avenue.

The Northern Line to Tottenham Court Road is not as frequent or reliable as
some other Tube lines, but it beats pretty much any BR line.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped