Old May 8th 04, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Station To Station

On Fri, 7 May 2004 at 21:10:10, Charlie Pearce
wrote:

On Wed, 5 May 2004 18:30:23 +0100, Annabel Smyth
wrote:

On Tue, 4 May 2004 at 21:16:41, Annabel Smyth
wrote:

You can see Surrey Quays and Rotherhithe from Canada Water. And on the
DLR you can see West India Quay from Poplar (especially going East),

I was tired when I wrote that! I meant, of course, going WEST.

Surely it doesn't matter which way you're going, only which way you're
looking...? ;-)

Charlie

Actually, at Poplar it does, because the Eastbound platform is right on
the far side of the station from Canary Wharf - it's (I think) platform
4; platform 1 being Beckton-Tower Gateway (from which you can see West
India Quay and very nearly Canary Wharf), platform 2 is
Stratford-Crossharbour; platform 3 Crossharbour-Stratford and platform 4
Tower Gateway-Beckton. The track then goes up on to a flyover over the
Stratford tracks - and I think that the trains are timetabled such that
a Beckton-bound train and a Stratford-bound train often coincide at
Poplar, enabling a very quick interchange.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004