Old February 3rd 16, 03:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bryan Morris Bryan Morris is offline

Default Step Free Access

In message , Basil Jet
writes
On 2016\02\03 14:38, Bryan Morris wrote:
I'm still confused about the apparent 2 types of step free access shown
on tube maps
One shows "Platform to street"
The other shows "Train to street"

On the assumption that passengers don't step directly onto a lift on
emerging from a train in option 2 , what exactly is the difference?

Train to street means level access, which you need if you are in a
self-propelled wheelchair. Platform to street means that there is a
single step from the platform to the train, which is not a show-stopper
if you have someone pushing you.

Thanks. I tried everywhere including Tfl website to find out but there
doesn't appear to be anything published explaining this.
--
Bryan Morris
Public Key http://www.pgp.uk.demon.net - 0xCC6237E9