Old February 7th 16, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
D A Stocks[_2_] D A Stocks[_2_] is offline

Default London Bridge August 2016 to December 2017

"zin92" wrote in message

http://www.infrarail.com/_downloads/...Thameslink.pdf

That's only a temporary connection while platforms 1-4 are (were?) being
rebuilt, and I assume it will have to be removed in order to connect
platforms 4-5 to Blackfriars. They need a minimum of 3 platforms
available
to provide enough capacity for stopping services. The final layout will
have
no connections between Cannon St and platforms 4-9.
--
DAS

I'm only talking about a temporary connection between platforms 4-6 and
Cannon Street from August 2016 to December 2017. During this time, there
won't
be any services to Blackfriars. I'm trying to understand why all three of
platforms 4-6 can't be used for services to/from Cannon Street during this
time
thus enabling trains to stop at London Bridge.

I don't know the precise detail, but any/all of the following would stop
this happening:

- the rail link to Blackfriars is almost certainly a complete removal of
what's there now and replacement with new kit. This takes time and work-site
access is required; it looks to me from the linked document like this is via
platforms 3-6, with Cannon St services running through platforms 1 & 2.
- There is also work required at the east end of the station to connect (not
just track, but also signallung) platforms 4-5 to the Bermondsey dive-under.
- the fact that a platform is visible on the surface doesn't mean there is
anything below it to handle passengers.

--
DAS