Old March 7th 16, 03:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default More Boris buses ordered

On 07/03/2016 15:51, wrote:
In article ,

(Jarle Hammen Knudsen) wrote:

On Fri, 04 Mar 2016 11:48:15 -0600,

wrote:

In article ,
d () wrote:

On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 17:37:24 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:

The environmental aspect is pretty important! Wouldn't running
bendies generate less polution for the same passenger capacity than
using double-deckers?

Why?

When both are full theres a greater number of passengers per unit mass
of the vehicle on a bendy. Hence more efficient.

That's one aspect, I agree, but not the whole story.

What's the rest of the story?

Too much free travel?

And whether perceived or not, their ability to block junctions and
interrupt traffic flow (personally I've witnessed this several times but
have been told by the powers that be at TfL that I must have imagined it)