Old March 26th 16, 03:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default No walking on Holborn's escalators - trial

On 26.03.16 8:59, Recliner wrote:
Chris J Dixon wrote:
tim... wrote:

They're not saying that it is quicker for you

they are saying that it clears the complete queue quicker

And if you think about it, you can see that logic

How did it come about that we drive, and in tube passageways are
generally are requested to walk on the left, yet on escalators
you are expected to keep right?

I'm currently in Tokyo, and was intrigued that the convention here is that
you stand on the left on escalators, and walk on the right, the opposite to
the UK. However, this is apparently not universal in Japan, with some
cities sharing the UK convention.

I was shocked to see that standards are falling he I spotted a train
driver not wearing his white gloves! But at least they do still keep the
cab blinds open when not passing through tunnels, so you get an excellent
forward view through the whole back wall of the cab.

Where else are you going, Recliner? Are you going to see any of the
Interurbans?