Old May 14th 16, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Sadiq's proposed new anti-pollution measures

On Sat, 14 May 2016 11:28:24 +0100, eastender

On 2016-05-13 15:48:59 +0000, Recliner said:

•Extending the Ultra-Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) to the North Circular Road
and the South Circular Road and the possibility of bringing forward the
introduction earlier than 2020. Under current plans the ULEZ will only
operate within the Congestion Charging Zone and it is due to come in from
2020.

This will affect a large number of cars in poorer areas I reckon. I
guess it has to happen though. I think it will knock out our car, a
2005 Volvo, a petrol model that has many thousands of miles left in it
and is no smoky diesel.

Yes, I suppose you're right: poorer areas will have older cars that
are more likely to fall foul of the new rules. A lot of quite new
diesels will suffer a big fall in resale value if they're effectively
no longer usable in London.

My car, which was as clean as any when new, will also fail the new
tests, so if I still own it when the ULEZ comes in, I'll be liable to
pay the new charge if I ever take it inside the North Circular (which
I now seldom do, anyway).