Old May 14th 04, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Croxley Link progress

"Stephen Furley" wrote in message
m...

There are many other places where a short walk between stations on
different lines is the best way of making the journey for most people.

The problem seems to be that LUL's perception of what is a short walk
between stations and that of most people is quite different. I suspect that
LUL use staff that are off work with bad ankles (inbetween squash games) to
identify their interchanges.

For example, I regard Seven Sisters (LUL/NR) to South Tottenham (NR) as a
short walk. It takes approximately five minutes and is, in my terminology,
"round the corner and over the road". However, unless it is a short stagger,
e.g. West Hampstead LUL to West Hampstead (NR) or West Hampstead Thameslink
(NR) then they don't identify potential links.

Perhaps the solution is to colour code them, e.g. green for under two
minutes walk between stations, yellow for two to five minutes walk etc.?