Old July 25th 16, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default In The Heart Of The Teeming Metropolis: Aldwych/Somerset House

On Sunday, 24 July 2016 12:32:50 UTC+1, Robin wrote:

This seems to me to be a case on behalf of those:

(a) who are willing and able to leap onto a bus in the middle of the
Strand (often busy with cyclists and motorcyclists as well as other
traffic); but

Understood. However, as you know, traffic is very VERY often stuck at the lights in that area. Even the 2-wheelers are normally dawdling. In any case I do watch out for bicyclists, and unicyclists especially. Also it is no longer possible. The doors on BoJo buses are SHUT forever.

(b) unwilling or unable to walk half a mile from Somerset House to
Trafalgar Square (or 0.3 mile to stop J at Bedford Street - 71636).

Normally I am heading to Victoria to get a train, so I need an 11. The trouble is that after I have gone backwards attempting to get a bus at S, I am reluctant to retrace my steps (and the 7-year-old's) to J. Normally if I fail at S I continue backwards to the one that is at the apse-end of St Clement's.

I was not being entirely serious and I am glad that both Robin & Richard J have comprehended that!