Old September 23rd 16, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Is Uber Bleeding to Death?

On 22/09/2016 08:46, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 19:54:50 on Wed, 21 Sep
2016, Mizter T remarked:
Because they aren't subsidising London anymore.

It is now a mature market (FSVO).

It is (subset of) RoW that gets the subsidies.

FWIW, Uber runs a v successful referral scheme - I think currently in
London it's £15 credit for the new customer, £10 for the referrer
(only valid on one journey though).

Is the £25 deducted off the drivers who win those lucky rides, or is it
Uber? If the latter that's something which could be called a subsidy
(because the drivers are getting 80% of £25, more than the passengers
are paying).

Uber covers the free credit. Somehow I don't think drivers would be very
keen on covering the free credit, given that they aren't going to have a
direct relationship with the customer on an ongoing basis! (You cannot
request a specific driver via the Uber app.)