Old May 20th 04, 01:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
grimmy grimmy is offline

Default Congestion charge fine

"Martin Underwood" wrote in message ws.com...
"SteveTBM" wrote in message
Hi,
I have just received notice of unpaid congestion charge from TFL. Having
checked my receipts I find that on this day I used a pay machine to pay

the
charge. However I have used the incorrect prefix to my registration (PC

xxx
xxx instead of BT xxx xxx). This is totally my fault; I confused my new

reg
with my previous reg.

Is it worth me appealing this? Do I stand a chance or should I just pay

and
learn from my mistake?

Well you *did* pay the congestion charge, even if you attributed it to the
wrong car. That *might* be grounds for appealing for them to be lenient. If
their records show that the car whose reg number you entered was never
detected by any of the cameras, they might believe your explanation.

If you decide to appeal? Will you post back here and let us know how
you get on?

This will really reveal to the group a bit about the company (and
motives) behind this scheme......