Old November 22nd 16, 02:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Successful platform gap filler trial at Heathrow

Sam Wilson wrote:
In article ,
Clive Page wrote:

On 21/11/2016 22:38, Recliner wrote:
The article includes a picture, but I think mine is clearer:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...15766799634666
5/lightbox/

It is, thanks. It says that they will support a foot, but what if you
wheel a heavy suitcase across, do the wheels get supported or fall into
the gap? I'd have expected the force per unit area would be quite a lot
higher.

Spike heels would be higher pressure still. Looks like they would also
be susceptible to falling into the gaps between the "fingers".

Yes, someone silly enough to wear stilettos on an airport train would run
that risk. I'd guess the heel would get stuck between the teeth, pulling
the shoe off, but nothing and no-one would fall through the gap.