Old December 3rd 16, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Bus Goes up in flames

In message , at
17:52:09 on Fri, 2 Dec 2016, Robin remarked:

ISTM pretty normal for a commercial vehicle which carries a load of diesel.

And it's not all that rare for buses to burn. Eg

26/11 in Motherwell http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-
west-38119498

17/11 in Gloucester http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greate
r-manchester-news/bus-fire-piccadilly-station-manchester-12217673

My impression is that they and the similar lorry fires don't get that
much coverage because in the vast majority of cases no one is seriously
injured.

This truck I really did see bursting into flames - I was driving on the
opposite carriageway at the moment the black smoke turned to flames:

http://www.essexlive.news/m11-closed...airport/story-
29260090-detail/story.html