Old May 21st 04, 11:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default Congestion charge fine

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...
"grimmy" wrote in message
m...

If you decide to appeal? Will you post
back here and let us know how you get on?

This will really reveal to the group a bit about
the company (and motives) behind this scheme......

Suppose they refund him. Then imagine if everyone deliberately typed in 1
digit wrong just to get fined and then appeal.

Why on earth would "everyone" do that? Most people are not cheats.

This would grind the system
to a halt and maybe even bankrupt Capita.

If that was going to happen it would have happened already by now.

Since the charge is still
controversial, the company will have considered this. While I sympathise
with him, sometimes you just have to pay the fine even though you didn't
really deserve it - like when you lose a train ticket.

I reckon it might be worth appealing - since it sounds like it is
possible to prove both that you paid and that you don't own a vehicle
with the reg. that you paid for.