Old December 8th 16, 01:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default New electric buses

I noticed some brand new (66 plate) single decker pure electric buses around
Waterloo today. They look very nice (apart from the huge battery pack on the
roof) and certainly have a good turn of acceleration off the line. I notice
however that their unladed weight is 12 tons which is more than a lot of
double deckers, presumably because of the battery. I wonder how efficient that
actually makes them when you calculate it all the way back to the power
station?

--
Spud