Old January 28th 17, 05:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Station developments

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Thursday, 26 January 2017 14:13:21 UTC, Basil Jet wrote:
It's a shame that VCS and the Green Line coach station in Bullied
Way were not relocated to the site between Victoria Street and
Bressenden Place, and the new office building put on top of that.

TfL are looking at how they replace Victoria Coach Station. I've seen
two different references about strategy development and considering
alternative locations. One was in connection with planned works to
strengthen the Westway viaducts so not sure what that means in terms
of a new site. I suspect there is also a connection to Crossrail 2
given one end of the new CR2 station at Victoria would be at / near
VCS. I can't imagine coach operators would be keen on 10 years of
major disruption in and around VCS so an alternative location might
be sensible.

Does Victoria, unlike Cheltenham, still fulfil its traditional role with
coaches?

--
Colin Rosenstiel