Old January 24th 17, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Station developments

Courtesy of info on IanVisits blog we now know there will be a new western entrance to Stratford Regional station - just off the Jubilee Line platforms and using the LU staff car park area.

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/201...-tube-station/

The redevelopment and rebuild of Hackney Wick Overground station is also proceeding this year after several years of prevarication and arguments over design / funding.

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/201...-wick-station/

And we also have had the new northern entrance to Victoria LU station open recently. This comes out at Cardinal Place (corner of Bressenden Place / Victoria St). It links through to the middle of the Vic Line platforms. In a few months more connecting corridors will open to link through to the District and Circle Line platforms. The final element of full step free access and the expanded main ticket hall opens sometime in 2018.

--
Paul C
via Google

Old January 25th 17, 08:23 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

I didn't know about the new entrance to Victoria. I'll go
and look in the next day or so.
Old January 26th 17, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Is this the entrance by the building with the long drooping 'nose', where Microsoft are, or at least were a few years ago when I last visited them?
Old January 26th 17, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2017\01\24 23:03, Paul Corfield wrote:
[...]

It's a shame that VCS and the Green Line coach station in Bullied Way
were not relocated to the site between Victoria Street and Bressenden
Place, and the new office building put on top of that.
Old January 27th 17, 07:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
05:46:34 on Thu, 26 Jan 2017, remarked:

This comes out at Cardinal Place (corner of Bressenden Place / Victoria
St).

Is this the entrance by the building with the long drooping 'nose',
where Microsoft are, or at least were a few years ago when I last
visited them?

Apparently so.
https://goo.gl/maps/ztKR3MTxYGk

Although Mr Google's maps have that as Cardinal Walk, with Cardinal
Place a block further NE.

Old January 27th 17, 04:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 08:56:09 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at
05:46:34 on Thu, 26 Jan 2017, remarked:

This comes out at Cardinal Place (corner of Bressenden Place / Victoria
St).

Is this the entrance by the building with the long drooping 'nose',
where Microsoft are, or at least were a few years ago when I last
visited them?

Apparently so.
https://goo.gl/maps/ztKR3MTxYGk

Although Mr Google's maps have that as Cardinal Walk, with Cardinal
Place a block further NE.

My office,. in the 1960s, was on the first floor of a more
conventional building exactly where the drooping nose is now.
Wonderful street views from my windows on to Victoria Street and
Bressenden Place. Popular with office colleagues when a vip visitor
arrived at Victoria Station to be brought along Victoria Street with
escort and soldiers lining the route.
That dates me!

Guy Gorton
Old January 28th 17, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thursday, 26 January 2017 14:13:21 UTC, Basil Jet wrote:
It's a shame that VCS and the Green Line coach station in Bullied Way
were not relocated to the site between Victoria Street and Bressenden
Place, and the new office building put on top of that.

TfL are looking at how they replace Victoria Coach Station. I've seen two different references about strategy development and considering alternative locations. One was in connection with planned works to strengthen the Westway viaducts so not sure what that means in terms of a new site. I suspect there is also a connection to Crossrail 2 given one end of the new CR2 station at Victoria would be at / near VCS. I can't imagine coach operators would be keen on 10 years of major disruption in and around VCS so an alternative location might be sensible.

--
Paul C
via Google
Old February 11th 17, 11:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

I used to work in that general area, though not quite so close, in the
1980s, but it's amazing how the character is changing, with more and
more glass and stainless steel buildings.

I happened to use the station yesterday, and managed to take some
pictures. Unfortunately, it was gloomier outside than inside the
station!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...57678639061940