Old February 11th 17, 11:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Station developments

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 17:42:15 +0000, Guy Gorton
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 08:56:09 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at
05:46:34 on Thu, 26 Jan 2017, remarked:

This comes out at Cardinal Place (corner of Bressenden Place / Victoria
St).

Is this the entrance by the building with the long drooping 'nose',
where Microsoft are, or at least were a few years ago when I last
visited them?

Apparently so.
https://goo.gl/maps/ztKR3MTxYGk

Although Mr Google's maps have that as Cardinal Walk, with Cardinal
Place a block further NE.

My office,. in the 1960s, was on the first floor of a more
conventional building exactly where the drooping nose is now.
Wonderful street views from my windows on to Victoria Street and
Bressenden Place. Popular with office colleagues when a vip visitor
arrived at Victoria Station to be brought along Victoria Street with
escort and soldiers lining the route.
That dates me!

I used to work in that general area, though not quite so close, in the
1980s, but it's amazing how the character is changing, with more and
more glass and stainless steel buildings.

I happened to use the station yesterday, and managed to take some
pictures. Unfortunately, it was gloomier outside than inside the
station!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...57678639061940