Old August 2nd 17, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default New York Times on Crossrail

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 13:41:37 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:52:28 on Wed, 2 Aug
2017, d remarked:
They're both past their best midlands towns without much going for
them.

People were trying to reverse that decline.

Great, but I would have thought leicester and nottingham would be first on
the midlands list, especially the latter.

Either you find more paths for extra trains or no one south of Luton will
be able to get on in the rush hour

Clearly you've not read the reports of train loading on the line.

I haven't. But I did have a friend who commuted on the line from herts for
a number of years and apparently it was cosy in the rush hour. Ok, this was
10 years ago now but I doubt the number of passengers has declined.

if you extended Thameslink that far north.

How far further north do you think Leicester is than Peterborough?

IMO the Thameslink equivalent on the ELL is the Great Northern into Moorgate
and that only goes as far north as Stevenage. All the peterborough trains AFAIK
are fast trains that stop at very few stations.

--
Spud