Old August 8th 17, 12:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Barking Riverside Extension approved

In article , (Basil Jet)
wrote:

On 2017\08\06 23:38, Paul Corfield wrote:

Inspector's report -

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...rking-riversid
e-extension-order-inspectors-report

4. Another interesting possibility of extending planned peak extra
trains from Enfield to Seven Sisters onwards to Barking via the S Tott
curve. As the trains will be common stock in future this would give 6
tph from S Tott to Barking in the peaks. No timescale given, though,
for this possible variant service.

The exact quote in the report is "TfL planners are already
considering diverting Enfield Town to Seven Sisters trains to
Barking." This might imply that the entire Enfield service would go
that way. Either way it seems odd... here's some passenger figures
from Wikipedia.

Bush Hill Park 0.992 million
Enfield Town 2.107 million

Southbury 0.834 million
Turkey Street 0.604 million
Theobald's Grove 0.352 million

(I can't get figures for Cheshunt Overground only, but it has faster
trains to the Victoria Line and to Liverpool Street via Tottenham
Hale.)

So Enfield Town alone has more than the three Southbury Loop stations.

I think Enfield Town needs 8-car trains from Liverpool Street, and
the Southbury Loop should get the 4-car trains from Barking.

But these are "planned extra trains" from Enfield Town, so on top of the
current 4 trains hourly in the peak when Cheshunt and the Southbury loop
only get half-hourly trains. Enfield Town also has 3 platforms to reverse
trains in while Cheshunt just has one for LO services.

--
Colin Rosenstiel