Old August 21st 17, 03:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default A New Yorker's simple wonder at LU+LO

On Saturday, 19 August 2017 00:12:12 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
We take things for granted in London. But here's a New Yorker's reaction to
a fairly straightforward journey through London:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/london-underground-better-than-nyc-subway-2017-8/#canonbury-safe-and-sound-20

[Yes, I know 378s aren't articulated, and that the LO tunnels are a *lot*
more ancient than the JLE.]

I'm more bemused as to how Canonbury is Stoke Newington. Newington Green is walkable from Canonbury but Stoke Newington itself is a bus ride away.

I know New Yorkers are having real problems with their public transit system at the moment but it wasn't exactly dire when I travelled on it a number of years ago. The Subway was pretty frequent, the trains were clean and air conditioned and buses seemed regular enough. Subway stations were a bit delapidated but track and signal repair / upgrades had the priority then. I wonder if the writer would have the same view if he travelled in the rush hour in London? Doubtful given how hard it can be to crush inside tubes and trains.

--
Paul C
via Google