Old May 31st 04, 10:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

On Fri, 28 May 2004 at 21:27:33, mookie89
wrote:

What would really
help here in the USA is British style roundabouts. I love driving in your
country because the roundabouts at least keep traffic somewhat flowing as
opposed to what someone else in this thread said about waiting for signals
to change when not a cross traffic or pedestrian is in sight.

Wouldn't it, just! I would die of frustration if I had to drive in the
USA, where every single intersection, no matter how minor, has its
traffic lights..... (on ordinary streets, not motorways, of course - but
Brooklyn or New York.... yikes!).
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 9 May 2004