Old June 1st 04, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jim Brittin Jim Brittin is offline

Default Mystery station

In article ,
says...
I have some old OS maps of London and on one of them there is what looks
like a terminus station a little way outside Fenchurch Street and to the
north of the existing line. I have a huge old Geographia map of London from
the same era which is excellent for showing railways and this identifies the
station as a "goods stn" and it is located to the south of Commercial Road.
Could somebody please provide more information ?
TIA
Baz

This was a goods depot known locally as "The Tilbury" which was
demolished in the 70's. I don't know when exactly but it was still
operating in 1972. For an anecdote concerning it see
http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/MOL...member/door_to
_salvation.htm