Old September 28th 17, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Uber shut down in London

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 07:40:16PM +0100, Roland Perry wrote:

?15/hr is verging on modern slavery, but the well-heeled punters lap
it up.

Fifteen quid an hour, assuming an 8 hour day and 5 day working week,
puts you well above the national average income. OK, so Uber's
independent contractors then have expenses to pay from that, but even so
to call it "modern slavery" is pretty silly.

If you can't imagine how I do something, it's
because I have a better imagination than you