Old November 7th 17, 01:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default Partially pedestrianised Oxford St in 2018

On 2017-11-07 10:10:09 +0000, Robin said:

With the cyclists having priority over pedestrians who want to cross
the road?

With zebra crossings.

"We've abolished the bottle necks of controlled crossings!"

"But we've reintroduced the fun of scrums as cyclists try to negotiate
never-ending streams of pedestrians."

With kerbs to confine cyclists (which become a trip hazard for
pedestrians) or just paint on the road?

Kerbs (people don't trip over them elsewhere, what a silly statemen) or
bollards would do.

They are a trip hazard when *within* a pedestrianised zone.

What you want patently isn't a pedestrianised zone. It's a road,
restricted to pedal cycles, with 2 wide footways.

With provision for parking for cycles outside Selfridges, M&S, etc
etc? (I know cyclists can walk bikes through a pedestrianised area but
I question whether Oxford Street traders want to encourage that rather
than a "park and walk" approach.)

If there's demand for it, why not?

And demand from pedestrians doesn't count?

--
Robin