Old February 21st 18, 08:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Crossrail Railway Systems: End to End journey through Elizabethline tunnels

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 19:31:41 +0000, Basil Jet wrote:
I've just realised that the distance from Poplar DLR (which does have
direct trains to LCY) to the centre of Crossrail Canary Wharf is less
than the length of a Crossrail platform, but I'm not sure how good the
walking route is these days. Is that hexagonal hole in the side of the
Crossrail station supposed to take an extension of the footbridge from
Poplar?

There is a two level bridge across the water in that hole. At the moment
the top level is being used by station construction/fit out workers for
access but the lower ground level is open to the public.

However North Quay remains a work site with some plans for towers that
aren't going to be started for a while which means you have to walk
between the Crossrail station and Poplar either under West India Quay
station or via the bridge next to Billingsgate Market.

In 5-10 years I expect it will be a reasonable connection with some
shops to walk past.

https://group.canarywharf.com/planning/north-quay/