Old March 7th 18, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Woking to Heathrow

On 07/03/2018 12:46, Robin wrote:
On 07/03/2018 12:28, Basil Jet wrote:
snip

No, it isn't. There are countless places where one wrong turn can put
you on a motorway and add 10 or 20 miles to a journey.

Do Uber's terms and conditions leave the customer liable for the costs
of such a mistake (assuming the customer did not give the driver
instructions directions which caused it)?Â* I'd have expected it to be
negligence by the driver - on the basis that any reasonably competent
driver of a PHV would either know a reasonable route or take steps
(SatNav, map, phone a friend, or whatever) to find one.

In my experience, youu pay the fare, complain to Uber, get a message
back within half an hour apologising and re-crediting you a chunk of the
fare.