Old December 15th 18, 03:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_6_] Robin[_6_] is offline

Default Sadiq's looming poll tax moment

On 15/12/2018 14:58, tim... wrote:

"Robin" wrote in message

Presumably rental companies have a way to provide this

Well I suppose they'll provide the website if you don't know it
already. It's the one I gave you a link for where it states "you can
set up an electronic pass before you leave home or up to three days
after you travel on a toll road".

I assume that rental companies supply cars with the tags in place

surely most users are going to want this?

I assume you either did not read or did not understand my post which
included "you can set up an electronic pass before you leave home or up
to three days after you travel on a toll road". And did not bother to
go to the Sydney site. But I'll try just one last time:

a. the cars don't come with tags: that'd mean the rental companies had
to allocate the tolls to hirers and collect the money, with scope for
arguments about the quantum, and so even more admin costs - costs they'd
pass on just like you don't want

b. it's down to the renter to register and pay

c. only if the renter doesn't pay does the rental company get involved.

--
Robin