Old July 13th 19, 03:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Guy Gorton[_3_] Guy Gorton[_3_] is offline

Default ES: Crossrail at risk of being delayed even further

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 13:54:37 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 13/07/2019 11:22, tim... wrote:
the fallacy of the sunk costs

That (like loss aversion and status quo bias) is an issue with the
mental state of decision takers. It's not an argument against decisions
on whether or not to proceed based on objective assessments of the
options as they stand now - taking account of both work already done and
lessons from that work for the likely future costs.

I did not mention costs, merely inconvenience. Costs there have
certainly been but not payable by the public purse but by those
inconvenienced. Roads closed, diversions in place (one road closed
for 9 years we are told - a road that I often used but now have a
significant detour).

Guy Gorton