Old June 4th 20, 02:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default New boarding on London's buses

On 04/06/2020 01:00, Recliner wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 03/06/2020 17:17, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:

Catalogue shopping (order lots, return those which don't fit/suit) was a
thing for many decades before the internet. I don't see why the
introduction of a computer screen into the process should make it any less
achievable.

It's achievable. Just time consuming, and something we don't have the
time to indulge in.

There is also a social aspect to retail shopping. Chatting to the
assistant/cashier is, to us, an enjoyable part of the experience.

I suspect that you're in a very small minority (of one?) in this group.
Most blokes regard shopping for clothes or shoes as slightly less fun than
refuelling the car, but at least it's less frequent.

Ok, well that's your view and I'm not saying you're not entitled to it.
But we don't have many friends and those people we meet out and about
form a part of our lives it's hard to lose.

With all honesty I can say I'm glad I'm not a bloke.

--
Ria in Aberdeen