Old June 30th 20, 11:10 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.co.uk is offline

Default TfL expanding its empire

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 19:24:05 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
On 29/06/2020 18:14, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 16:05:20 on Mon, 29 Jun
2020, remarked:
How long before TfL is renamed to Network Southeast?

https://www.railmagazine.com/news/ne...fl-inner-subur
ban-take over-plan

If they can do better job than GTR, it would be OK. But one of GTR's
problems is that as probably the busiest classic franchise, they have
bitten off more than they can chew.

I think RAIL's info seems a bit out of date... I don't think any inner
suburbans go past Stevenage any more.

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/202...keover-of-grea
t-northern-line-into-moorgate/
.... has a little more info.

How should it be branded. Some people will suggest it should be part of
the Overground, but I think it's more logical to make it part of the
Underground, as the line south of Drayton Park used to be. Stations like

Doesn't make sense to me. Its part of NR despite being in tunnel and it can
only be used by mainline stock, not LU stock.

Its a shame the Northern Heights branch was never completed as Crouch End could
really used a tube station. Even more so Muswell Hill which is probably the
only large suburb in north london without any station at all. Yes you can
get a bus to alexandra palace station but its hardly convenient.

I'd call it the Finsbury Line, because it serves Finsbury Park as well
as Finsbury Square / Circus. Or maybe the Alexandra Line - anything but
the Northern City Line, a name that has to be burned at the stake for
wilfully spreading confusion.

IMO the Northern City line was a daft name, it should have been called
something entirely seperate. Fingate Line or something.