Old June 29th 04, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Solar Penguin Solar Penguin is offline

Default I still don't understand TfL's Journey Planner!!!

First, thanks to everyone who explained how to use the Address option so I
don't get a bus stop at the wrong end of the road! (You'd think TfL would
make this the default option. After all, how many people actually memorise
the names of bus stops?)

Anyway, even giving it my home address doesn't always help. Here it thinks
I can walk to Crystal Palace Parade, leaving at 9.27 and arriving there at
9.10 -- that's 17 minutes *BEFORE* I left!

So what did I do wrong this time? Did I forget to select a "no time
machines" option, or something equally obscure?

09:27 From (*Address Snipped*) (SE19)
Walk to Crystal Palace Parade.
Transfer time: 7 minutes

09:10 From Crystal Palace Parade
Take Bus 227 towards Bromley North to Shortlands
Buses every: 7-8 minutes
Max journey time:35 minutes.

09:53 From Shortlands Station
Take Bus 358 towards Orpington Station to Farnborough / The George
Buses every: 12 minutes
Max journey time:37 minutes.

10:30 arrival at Farnborough / The George