Old June 29th 04, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default I still don't understand TfL's Journey Planner!!!

Solar Penguin wrote:
First, thanks to everyone who explained how to use the Address
option so I don't get a bus stop at the wrong end of the road!
(You'd think TfL would make this the default option. After all,
how many people actually memorise the names of bus stops?)

Anyway, even giving it my home address doesn't always help. Here
it thinks I can walk to Crystal Palace Parade, leaving at 9.27 and
arriving there at
9.10 -- that's 17 minutes *BEFORE* I left!

So what did I do wrong this time?

Nothing. It's a bug in the JP that I have reported previously in vain.
There's something seriously wrong with the walking calculations. It
also often shaves a minute or two off the stated walking time in order
to catch a particular train.
--
Richard J.