Old June 29th 04, 01:20 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
SJCWHUK SJCWHUK is offline

Default Oyster card slot numbers

Oyster cards have:

3 Ticket slots (TKT)
3 Pre-pay slots (PPY)

What Dave says is almost correct except pre-pay has its own slots.

Steve

"Dave Newt" firebird.remove.net.this.remove.me.20.den@spamgou rmet.com
wrote in message t.net...
x-post added

Chris wrote:
What does it mean when it says slot 1 expires soon (or something like

that)
on the tube ticket gates?

What are the slot numbers?

Ask uk.transport.london, but basically the Oyster card has three (?)
"slots", each of which can hold a ticket or credit of some kind.

So for example, I have a monthly Travelcard on my Oyster - that will
take up one slot.

I also have some Pre-pay balance on it, for when I go out of zone and it
will automatically take off the money for the extension - that will take
up another slot.

My Travelcard runs out in a couple of days, so if I renew it now, that
will take up the third slot.

For your purposes, it doesn't really matter which slot is which, just
that your Travelcard is going to expire.

In fact, I think the gates I have seen say "Tkt 1 soon expires" or
something, but I guess it's the same thing.

Am sure I will be corrected if any of the above is ********. :-)

dave