Old June 29th 04, 06:22 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Zobo Kolonie Zobo Kolonie is offline

Default Oyster card slot numbers

"Dave Newt" firebird.remove.net.this.remove.me.20.den@spamgou rmet.com
wrote in message t.net...
x-post added

Chris wrote:
What does it mean when it says slot 1 expires soon (or something like

that)
on the tube ticket gates?

What are the slot numbers?

Ask uk.transport.london, but basically the Oyster card has three (?)
"slots", each of which can hold a ticket or credit of some kind.

[Snip blah]

Yesterday at Victoria underground station I heard an announcement reminding
"customers" with Oyster cards to always touch their card to the pad on their
way out of a station. What does that mean? Does it mean that if the gates
are open (e.g. when there's nobody around to staff them) then prepay
passengers can get away with a free ride?
--
ZK - juggling my eyeballs from one eye-socket to the other