Old June 29th 04, 07:57 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Oyster card slot numbers

Of course, going in without touching in risks meeting closed gates at
the end of your journey, leading to you paying a higher fare than you
ought to...

Of course when you know that your destination has open gates (ticket office
closed, going to olympia (are heathrow gates ever shut) you can risk it.
I've never had my ticket checked at any point on a tube journey, except the
gates.
--
Everything above is the personal opinion of the author, and nothing to do
with where he works and all that lovely disclaimery stuff.